KC is most often described as a friendly, welcoming place, and its people, genuinely kind. In fact, people living in the KC metro represent a rich ethnic and cultural fabric, and speak more than 100 different languages.
Highly educated international talent is discovering Kansas City and growing four times faster than the rest of the KC population. Our open hearts led us to host one of the longest-running and largest Pride Fest celebrations in the U.S. with a 45-year legacy that today draws thousands each summer.
One of the best places to raise a family
WalletHub, July 2019
Where millennials have the best cost of living
Dallas Business Journal, July 2019
A top 10 best state for retirement
Bankrate, July 2019
A best place to live and work as a moviemaker
MovieMaker, February 2020
You've worked hard to make it to the top, now it's time to live your dreams in the home you have always imagined. The KC area is full of choices for higher-end properties for you.
Select Luxury Communities
You can enjoy the tranquility of lake living right here in KC. Naturally, living near water also means that you are just seconds away from many water activities. There’s sailing, boating, fishing, kayaking, wakeboarding, skiing, and much more. The KC region is home to many beautiful lakes with welcoming communities.
Select Lake Communities
- Gardner Lake | Gardner, KS
- Lake Lotawana | Lake Lotawana, MO
- Lake of the Forest | Bonner Springs, KS
- Lake Quivira | Lake Quivira, KS
- Lake Tapawingo | Lake Tapawingo, MO
- Lake Viking | Gallatin, MO
- Lake Waukomis | Lake Waukomis, MO
- Lake Winnebago | Lake Winnebago, MO
- Lakewood | Lee’s Summit, MO
- Raintree Lake | Lee’s Summit, MO
- Weatherby Lake | Weatherby Lake, MO
Besides living near the links and being able to play at the drop of a hat, KC golf course communities offer beautiful vistas and many amenities.
Select Golf Course Communities
- Cedar Creek | Olathe, KS
- Cider Mill Ridge | Parkville, MO
- Creekmoor | Raymore, MO
- Deer Creek | Overland Park, KS
- Eagles Landing | Cameron, MO
- Fairway Ridge Estates | Belton, MO
- Falcon Valley | Lenexa, KS
- Hallbrook | Leawood, KS
- Iron Horse | Overland Park, KS
- Lake Quivira | Lake Quivira, KS
- Leawood South | Leawood, KS
- Lionsgate | Overland Park, KS
- Loch Lloyd | Loch Lloyd, MO
- Nottingham By The Green | Overland Park, KS
- Prairie Highlands | Olathe, KS
- Shoal Creek | Kansas City, MO
- Staley Farms | Kansas City, MO
- The National | Parkville, MO
- Tiffany Greens | Kansas City, MO
If you have your heart set on renting, the choices in KC come in all shapes, sizes, and locations.
Luxury apartment living is available throughout the urban core in newly constructed buildings, as well as historic landmarks that have been given new life with top appliances and high-end amenities. Looking for something outside of the hustle and bustle? Rental homes can be found in the trendiest of suburban, walkable neighborhoods as well.
Maybe you’re looking for something in-between. KC specializes in helping you feel at home no matter what you need.
Like most mid-sized cities, the vast majority of people in KC commute by car, but our extensive and well-planned highway infrastructure means you spend way less time in traffic and more time doing the things you love. Downtown dwellers who also work downtown along the 2.1 mile KC Streetcar route can live comfortably without a car, but this is still pretty rare in KC.
Don't worry if you don't have a car because RideKC has your back with 80+ routes all over the KC region and specialty or niche services for those who need it. Kansas City, MO is blazing trails by being the first major metropolitan city to offer zero fare transit service - ZeroFare KC is a designed to increase access to jobs, education, essential services and more without a financial barrier.
Big city opportunity, in the heart of it all. Find your next gig in KC.
There's a lot to love about the midwest and KC is right in the heart of it all. Get to know KC. Plan a Visit.